2.13.2006

Matthew 3:13-17 Acts 4:1-22 Psalms 6 Genesis 15-17

Matthew 3:13-17
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John would have hindered him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 But Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffereth him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him;
Mat 3:17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.


Acts 4:1-22

Act 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests and the captain of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,
Act 4:2 being sore troubled because they taught the people, and proclaimed in Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
Act 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in ward unto the morrow: for it was now eventide.
Act 4:4 But many of them that heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.
Act 4:5 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem;
Act 4:6 and Annas the high priest was there, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest.
Act 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they inquired, By what power, or in what name, have ye done this?
Act 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders,
Act 4:9 if we this day are examined concerning a good deed done to an impotent man, by what means this man is made whole;
Act 4:10 be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even in him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 He is the stone which was set at nought of you the builders, which was made the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 And in none other is there salvation: for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, wherein we must be saved.
Act 4:13 Now when they beheld the boldness of Peter and John, and had perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Act 4:14 And seeing the man that was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
Act 4:15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,
Act 4:16 saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been wrought through them, is manifest to all that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.
Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Act 4:18 And they called them, and charged them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it is right in the sight of God to hearken unto you rather than unto God, judge ye:
Act 4:20 for we cannot but speak the things which we saw and heard.
Act 4:21 And they, when they had further threatened them, let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people; for all men glorified God for that which was done.
Act 4:22 For the man was more than forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was wrought.

Psalms 6
Psa 6:1 For the Chief Musician; on stringed instruments, set to the Sheminith. A Psalm of David. O Jehovah, rebuke me not in thine anger, Neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
Psa 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O Jehovah; for I am withered away: O Jehovah, heal me; for my bones are troubled.
Psa 6:3 My soul also is sore troubled: And thou, O Jehovah, how long?
Psa 6:4 Return, O Jehovah, deliver my soul: Save me for thy lovingkindness' sake.
Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: In Sheol who shall give thee thanks?
Psa 6:6 I am weary with my groaning; Every night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
Psa 6:7 Mine eye wasteth away because of grief; It waxeth old because of all mine adversaries.
Psa 6:8 Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; For Jehovah hath heard the voice of my weeping.
Psa 6:9 Jehovah hath heard my supplication; Jehovah will receive my prayer.
Psa 6:10 All mine enemies shall be put to shame and sore troubled: They shall turn back, they shall be put to shame suddenly.

Genesis 15-17
Gen 15:1 After these things the word of Jehovah came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
Gen 15:2 And Abram said, O Lord Jehovah, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and he that shall be possessor of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?
Gen 15:3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
Gen 15:4 And, behold, the word of Jehovah came unto him, saying, This man shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and number the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
Gen 15:6 And he believed in Jehovah; and he reckoned it to him for righteousness.
Gen 15:7 And he said unto him, I am Jehovah that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
Gen 15:8 And he said, O Lord Jehovah, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
Gen 15:9 And he said unto him, Take me a heifer three years old, and a she-goat three years old, and a ram three years old, and a turtle-dove, and a young pigeon.
Gen 15:10 And he took him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each half over against the other: but the birds divided he not.
Gen 15:11 And the birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away.
Gen 15:12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, a horror of great darkness fell upon him.
Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
Gen 15:14 and also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Gen 15:15 But thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Gen 15:16 And in the fourth generation they shall come hither again; for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet full.
Gen 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold, a smoking furnace, and a flaming torch that passed between these pieces.
Gen 15:18 In that day Jehovah made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen 15:19 the Kenite, and the Kenizzite, and the Kadmonite,
Gen 15:20 and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Rephaim,
Gen 15:21 and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Girgashite, and the Jebusite.
Gen 16:1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, bare him no children: and she had a handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.
Gen 16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, Jehovah hath restrained me from bearing; go in, I pray thee, unto my handmaid; it may be that I shall obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
Gen 16:3 And Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar the Egyptian, her handmaid, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to Abram her husband to be his wife.
Gen 16:4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.
Gen 16:5 And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I gave my handmaid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: Jehovah judge between me and thee.
Gen 16:6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thy hand; do to her that which is good in thine eyes. And Sarai dealt hardly with her, and she fled from her face.
Gen 16:7 And the angel of Jehovah found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
Gen 16:8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's handmaid, whence camest thou? and whither goest thou? And she said, I am fleeing from the face of my mistress Sarai.
Gen 16:9 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
Gen 16:10 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, I will greatly multiply thy seed, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
Gen 16:11 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son; and thou shalt call his name Ishmael, because Jehovah hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:12 And he shall be as a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his brethren.
Gen 16:13 And she called the name of Jehovah that spake unto her, Thou art a God that seeth: for she said, Have I even here looked after him that seeth me?
Gen 16:14 Wherefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.
Gen 16:15 And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called the name of his son, whom Hagar bare, Ishmael.
Gen 16:16 And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.
Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Gen 17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Gen 17:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be the father of a multitude of nations.
Gen 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for the father of a multitude of nations have I made thee.
Gen 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee and to thy seed after thee.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, And as for thee, thou shalt keep my covenant, thou, and thy seed after thee throughout their generations.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee: every male among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:11 And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of a covenant betwixt me and you.
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner that is not of thy seed.
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
Gen 17:15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
Gen 17:16 And I will bless her, and moreover I will give thee a son of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be of her.
Gen 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is a hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
Gen 17:18 And Abraham said unto God, Oh that Ishmael might live before thee!
Gen 17:19 And God said, Nay, but Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.
Gen 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
Gen 17:21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Gen 17:22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
Gen 17:23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
Gen 17:24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
Gen 17:25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
Gen 17:26 In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.
Gen 17:27 And all the men of his house, those born in the house, and those bought with money of a foreigner, were circumcised with him.